- Sign up on the official website: apsa-sax.com.
- Make Payment.
- Send the following materials via email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
– Payment confirmation
- Passport photo for program book
- Copy of Passport, ID, or driver license
- Curriculum vitae
- Choice of program (for second round)
- Received confirmation email from the Asia Pacific Saxophone Academy official email account.
Entry Fee: 4200 Thai Baht + individual Active Participant/Observer Rates of Asia Pacific Saxophone Academy 2020 (4200 + 500 Thai Baht administration fee per Thai participant).
Application deadline is on May 15, 2020, or when capacity reached 120 competitors, whichever is earlier.
Competitors will be informed of their acceptance into the competition by April 15, 2020. Competitors who do not receive confirmation by June 15, 2020 are advised to contact the organizer through e-mail to email@example.com.
CONFIRMATION EMAIL WILL ONLY BE SENT AFTER ALL DOCUMENTS ARE SENT AND PAYMENT IS MADE
This competition will have TWO rounds.
1st Round: solo round performing 2 compulsory pieces.
2nd round: 1. a piece of free choice of solo piece from repertoire list 1, and;
2. a piece of free choice with piano from repertoire list 2.
Order of program is at competitor’s choice. Cuts in solo parts are not permitted. Repeats are left to the discretion of each individual competitor.
A maximum of 15 participants will be admitted into the second (final) round. The organising committee reserves the right to allow less than 15 participants to advance to the second round.
- If you would like to use a Pianist provided by APSA, it will be an additional cost of 2700 baht for 1 Rehearsal and 1 Performance
- Payment for the Pianist will be made upon advancement to 2nd round
- Competitors are permitted to bring their own pianist, but at own expense.
1st Round Repertoire
2 Compulsory Pieces
– Any ONE of 12 Fantasias for Solo Flute TWV 40:2-13 by George Philipp Telemann
George Philipp Telemann – Reference URTEXT (Baerenreiter Verlag or G. Henle)
For this piece only, competitor may choose the key, articulation and phrasing. The piece may be
played on any member of saxophone family. It is not essential to perform with a printed and/or
– Any ONE of Improvisation I, II, III by Ryo Noda (Alphonse Leduc)
2nd Round Repertoire
Obession by Karol Beffa (Gerard Billaudot Editeur)
Suite Rhasodica by Jindřich Feld (Edition Tonger)
Water Shadows by Akira Nishimura (Zen-On Music)
Tre Pezzi by Giacinto Scelsi (Editions Salabert)
Quarter Tone Waltz by Gordan Tudor (Donemus)
Lilith by William Bolcom (Hal Leonard)
Melbourne Sonata by Barry Cockcroft (Reed Music)
Brilliance by Ida Gotkovsky (Gerard Billaudot Editeur)
Sonata by Paul Hindemith (Edition Scott)
Rhapsody by Sho Oie (Donemus Music)
Crazy Logic by Matthew Orlovich (Reed Music)
Klonos by Piet Swerts (Zodiac Editions)
The total on-stage performance time for second (final) round is 30 minutes, include entering and exiting the stage.
Competitor has the choice of choosing complete work or multiple movements for List 1 and List 2 of second round. The choice of repertoires at the time of application is final. No changes or modifications are permitted.
Competitor who advances to the second (final) round has the option of using the official pianist. If choosing the official pianist, you will be assigned for the pianist after the announcement of the advancement. There is a charge of 2700 Thai Baht for an hour rehearsal session plus on-stage performance for each competitor with the pianist. There will be NO second rehearsal under any circumstances.
There will be a minimum of 5 judges for each round. There will be a change in judges for the 2 different rounds. The results will be based on an average score of all results collected. Members of the jury may not judge a competitor in the competition who is a student or former student of theirs. In this context “student” means a competitor who has been a regular student of one of the members of the jury throughout a complete academic year.
During each round, the jury reserves the right to stop any performance exceeding the time limit. Judging will be done based on performance before the bell. There is no penalty should the bell be rung.
Results will be calculated and in the event of a tied results, the president of the jury of each round will be the deciding vote. All decisions are absolute and there will be no appeals.
There will be comment sheets written by the juries and will be returned to the eliminated competitor at the end of each round.
Names of the judges will be announced after the registration deadline of the Asia Pacific Saxophone Academy 2020.
- All travel and accommodation cost are at the expense of the competitor. Competitors have the option of staying at the official hotel as part of the Asia Pacific Saxophone Academy 2020 when selecting your package to the competition and academy.
- All Rounds are open to the public.
- The competitor will perform in an order fixed by drawing lots, which will take place the night before the competition. The organising committee reserves the right to refuse the participation of any competitor absent from the drawing.
- Competitor must use original music if not playing from memory. Competitor using photocopies or PDFs downloaded from the Internet may be disqualified.
- Any competitor who does not show proof of age, or is born on or before 24th July 1995 will be disqualified.
- The organising committee of the competition is authorised to admit competitor to the competition only upon receipt of complete applications.
- All fee and payment are non-refundable, except under extreme circumstances. Organising committee of the competition remains the right to decide based on each presented case.
- If a competitor is unable, by reason of illness or unforeseeable circumstances, to be present at the announcement of the results of the first round or the semi-final, he or she must provide an explanation as soon as possible. In such situations, competitor has to designate someone to represent him or her.
- Competitor forfeit all rights to remuneration through broadcast by radio, television or other media formats
- All communications will be sent via the official email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any information from other sources is not valid without an official email notification or response.
- Results to be announced at the opening gala concert.
- English is the only official language. In the case of unclear information, decision will be made based on English version.