2nd Asia Pacific Saxophone Composition Competition
The Asia Pacific Saxophone Academy launches the "2nd Asia Pacific Saxophone Composition Competition" to encourage composers to write quality works for the saxophone.
The winning work will be performed by members of the Amigo Saxophone Quartet as one of the featuring program of their Asian Tour 2018.
There is only one category for the competition:
A work for saxophone quartet (soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone).
Duration of the work: 5-10 minutes
Dr. Ming-Chi Chan (Xinghai Conservatory of Music, China) (President of Jury)
Dr. Emily Koh (University of Georgia, U.S.A.)
Dr. Chi-Hing Leung (The Education University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong)
Prof. Siraseth Pantura-umporn (Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University, Thailand)
Leslie Wong (Nayang Academy of Fine Art, Singapore)
Dr. Tak Chiu Wong (Hong Kong Academy for Perfoming Arts, Hong Kong)
The deadline of submission is 15th April, 2018.
- 15000 Bahts
- Trophy and Certificate
- The winning composition will be performed and featured by the members of the Amigo Saxophone Quartet during their 10th Anniversary Asia Tour in 2018.
Regulations and Submission Method
1. The competition is open to composers of all nationalities and ages.
2. The submitted composition may have been performed but not been awarded a prize in another competition.
3. The composition must be unpublished
4. The composition must be submitted in the form of PDF via the online application form.
5. Anonymous submission is required.
6. Please include the TITLE of the composition ONLY on the attachment and include both the title and the composer’s name in the application form.
7. The score must NOT show the name of the composer anywhere.
8. Please note that the jury will refer to the works by title only.
9. Incomplete submissions will be disqualified.
10. Each composer can only submit ONE composition. Multiple applications will be disqualified.
11. The winners will be announced on the website of Asia Pacific Saxophone Academy on www.apsa-sax.com on 1st June, 2018.
12. The judges reserve the right to award citations and honorable mentions as warranted, and to combine categories when necessary. The decision of the judges is final.
College of Music, Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University (Thailand); and
International Education College, Xinghai Conservatory of Music (China)
For inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Ms Danielle Ong the addressed email email@example.com or you can visit our website at www.apsa-sax.com.